Our Neuro-Ophthalmology group specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the nerves of the eye, eye socket and brain. Located on the second floor of our 1520 Sunday Drive location, we evaluate and treat patients with unexplained visual loss, transient vision loss and vision loss due to optic nerve, brain and neurologic problems such as multiple sclerosis and tumors.
Areas of Expertise and Service:
- Ischemic optic neuropathy
- Tumors of the optic nerve (gliomas and meningiomas)
- Tumors compressing the optic nerve and visual pathways (pituitary adenoma, meningiomas, etc.)
- Papilledema, idiopathic intracranial hypertension, pseudotumor cerebri
- Optic neuritis, demyelination of the optic nerve related to multiple sclerosis
- Optic nerve inflammation (sarcoidosis, systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Toxic optic neuropathy
- Metabolic optic neuropathy
- Hereditary optic neuropathy (Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy, dominant optic atrophy)
- Giant cell or temporal arteritis
- Unexplained vision loss
- Transient vision loss (amaurosis fugax, transient ischemic attacks)
- Vision loss due to brain lesions affecting the visual pathways (strokes, tumors, infections, inflammation)
- Double vision
- Abnormal eye movements (nystagmus)
- Abnormal pupils (unequal pupils, Horner Syndrome, Adie Pupil)
- Graves’ Disease/thyroid-related eye disease
- Ocular myasthenia gravis
How to Refer a Patient:
Raleigh Neurology Associates has several ways for referring providers to connect with us to ensure we are able to engage with the patient in the most meaningful way. We do request any background and pertinent office notes to help us provide high-quality service to the patient. Additionally, we can coordinate with referring providers to furnish any follow-up they may need to treat the patient.
To refer a patient, complete and fax the Referral Form to 919-325-4680. If submitting an electronic referral form via the Infina Network, please complete and include the Referral Form with the referral submission.
If you have patient information to send electronically, please use the RNA Secure Web Form. ***This is for use by referring physicians only***
Please contact our office at 919-325-4260 with any questions regarding the referral process.
Proin commodo, urna ac consequat ullamcorper, magna est vestibulum sem, non convallis lectus nisi eget massa. Ut at metus lectus. Nunc porttitor tincidunt tellus. Vestibulum aliquam luctus metus. Cras nec ultrices tellus. Pellentesque sit amet nisi euismod, tincidunt eros vitae, gravida nibh. Aliquam non nisl et lorem dignissim eleifend. Integer bibendum ipsum ut arcu